Wool is pleasant to the touch; this soft and gentle material of iridescent colors is ideal for bring out creativity in everyone. Painting with wool is special way to express your emotions and to create your own masterpiece without using brushes, paints, pencils or water; instead laying out colored sheep’s wool, layer-by-layer, using fibers instead of paint and fingers instead of brushes.
Creating paintings with wool is both interesting and easy, even for those who don’t know how to draw. This technique gives the opportunity for each child to feel like a real artist and to a create picture to his mood and desires. Paintings made of wool are very warm, gentle, airy, and cozy.
What does painting with wool give for children?
- Develops children’s ability to work with their hands, accustoms to precise movements
fingers, they improve their fine motor skills, the development of hand-eye coordination.
- Develops artistic taste and creative abilities of children, activates their imagination, imagination, flights of thought. Wool gives the child ability to realize his dreams in an unusual drawing style.
- Stimulates the development of memory as child, in order to create a picture, must
remember the sequence of its manufacture and the techniques of working with wool.
- Teaches concentration of attention and patience, since it makes the child focus on the process making pictures and teaches him to follow instructions.
- Improves labor skills, forms a culture of work, teaches accuracy, the ability to carefully and economically use the material, to keep the workplace in order.
- Encourages children to search for creative solutions.
- During the work, children get aesthetic pleasure from a sence of accomplishment.
- Develops a sense of composition, rhythm, color; feelings of texture and volume.
- Develops self-reliance and teaches them to not be afraid of making mistakes. A great advantage of using the wool is errors are not permanent and are easily fixed. The opportunity to fix the mistake allows the child not to be afraid of mistakes, to find the better solution, and to achieve the desired results.
- It’s fun and interesting. It’s opportunity to create and to make the real things with their own hands.